Practical Skills for Stress Reduction
This course has been designed to help give you practical skills to manage stress more effectively by developing awareness, coping techniques and relaxation skills. You will gain a better understanding of the concept of stress and the harmful long-term effects of stress on your mental and physical health.
- Understand stress and its relationship to your mental and physical health
- Learn key skills for stress management - Awareness, Acceptance, Action
- Identify individual stressors and past response patterns
- Develop self-awareness of your own individual pressures, anxieties, tensions and worry
- Learn practical coping techniques and relaxation skills to integrate into daily life
Through theory and exercises, discussions, group work and self-reflection you will develop practical techniques, coping skills and strategies to help deal with stress in a healthy way.
Details of next course:
Start Date: TBC
Time: 7 - 8.30pm
Duration: 6 weeks